Dental Implants in Lomita, CA
April 26th, 2023
If missing one or more of your teeth is interfering with your smile and your quality of life, Avalon Dental Care is here to help. We are pleased to offer dental implants, today’s gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Once in place, your new implant restorations will look and function like healthy, natural teeth!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements made of biocompatible materials, usually titanium. They are surgically placed in the jawbone, providing a sturdy foundation for dental restorations, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures. Unlike traditional dentures or bridges, implants offer a permanent, long-lasting solution that looks, feels, and functions like natural teeth.
What is the Dental Implant Procedure?
We will start with an initial consultation to help you determine whether restoring your smile with dental implants is right for you. We will examine your oral health and take x-rays to plan the procedure and ensure its success. We are happy to answer your questions and address any concerns.
The procedure involves placing the titanium implant into the jawbone. During healing, which typically takes a few months, the implant will fuse to the bone in a process called osseointegration. Once healing is complete, we will attach your final implant restoration.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Your implant restorations will look and feel like natural teeth, restoring your smile to its former glory and boosting your self-confidence.
- Improved Function: Implants provide a stable base to support your implant restorations, enhancing your chewing function and helping you speak clearly once again.
- Bone Preservation: When you lose a tooth, the underlying jawbone deteriorates. Dental implants are the only restorations that stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss, and maintaining the structure of your face and jaw.
- Durability and Longevity: With proper care, your dental restorations have the potential to last a lifetime, making them a cost-effective solution in the long run.
- Convenience: Unlike removable dentures, implants become a permanent part of your mouth, eliminating the need for messy adhesives or regular removal for cleaning.
Dental Implants Near Me in Lomita, CA
It’s time to embark on your journey toward a healthier, more beautiful smile. If you are struggling with daily activities such as smiling, chewing, or speaking, visit us at Avalon Dental Care, and we get you on track to a healthy, beautiful, and functional smile. Don’t let tooth loss hold you back. Call 310-530-3100 to schedule an appointment or request one online today!